Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I swear I have been Cooking!

Really, I have! I have been trying to keep more of a budget with our food bill... the extra money going to TOYS TOYS TOYS!  I think I may love Christmas more now than when I was a kid.  And really menu planning, when I make an effort to only go to the store once a week, saves a boat load! So here's the plan for the week, and I'm not allowing myself back to the store so I better get it all in one trip!

Tuesday: Turkey and (turkey) bacon melts and Sweet Potato Fries. For inside the sandwich crisp the bacon, get your deli turkey, add tomato if you like, shredded mozzeralla, little pesto, or as PJ would like, chipolte mayo, then lightly butter your bread, assemble it all and skillet each side. For fries, peel 3 or 4 sweet potatoes, cut into fourth inch straws, toss with a bit of EVOO then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, being as generous as you'd like. Bake on baking sheet at 400 for about 25 mins.

Wednesday: Creamy chicken and rice soup - going to try to find bread for soup bowls... We'll see.  Here's the recipe.

Thursday: The boys LOVE baked potatoes, so we'll back these up real nice for them with some delicious fixin's.

Friday: Salmon quesadillas. Grab a couple small cans of salmon, tortillas, mozzarella cheese, a little spinach leaves if you like, and for the sauce: 1 part EVOO, 2 parts red wine vinegar, 1 part Dijon mustard, pepper. Mix salmon with sauce, add as much as you prefer. Butter each tortilla (we use smart balance) then spread cheese and salmon mixture and spinach leaves and sandwich between tortillas. Skillet each side and cut into fourths. It is SO filling!

Saturday: PJ's Christmas Work Party - I'm off duty

Sunday:  Bears Sunday! We usually just do dips.  PJ loves the 'hot wing' dip.  We'll have some simple salad too.  Recipe down there.

Hot Wing Dip:

1 cooked and shredded chicken breat
hot sauce
Ranch dressing
shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. cream cheese

Mix cream cheese and sour cream together.  Spread on bottom of dip plate about 1/4 inch thick.  Sprinkle as much mozzarella cheese as you like on top of that.  Mix shredded chicken with hot sauce then add as next layer.  Last add more cheese and drizzle with ranch.  Microwave till cheese melts, about 1 minute.  Enjoy creamy spicy deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment