Sunday, October 23, 2011

Total Comfort Food Weather

So it's getting chilly.  I associate a few things with the cold weather, cozy sweaters, soup, casseroles, the desire to play Christmas music a bit too early, lots of pumpkin bread, to name a few.  So I wanted some new 'cold weather' recipes...

Monday:  I have never cooked with quinoa, but apparently all the healthy people are eating it and I wanted to jump on the bandwagon.  So here I have Lemon Parley Quinoa Cakes, why not.

Tuesday: Last week, I made a super simple one skillet meal and loved that it only took me 15 mins to make dinner... and the boys ate it! So I found this really easy casserole... 1 skillet, 1 casserole pan.  And I think my burrito lover husband will like Burrito Casserole.

Wednesday: I love veggies. I could really do without meat most of the time, this Veggie Pasta 'Lasagna' Bake looks warm, and healthy (can go easy on the cheese) and very filling! I think I'll switch the rice pasta with regular wheat pasta.

Thursday: 'Pantry veggie soup'.  See recipe below. And I love Jewels Rosemary and Olive Oil bread...mm mm mm.

Friday: Southwest Chicken Stew for tonight!

Saturday: This is a great hearty, healthy, good for leftovers meal: Baked Penne with Roasted Veggies

Sunday: I need a break man.  Left-overs or ordering a pizza.

"Pantry Veggie Soup"

-about 6 c. broth (veggie or chicken)
-1 can diced tomatoes (not drained)
-1 can corn or 1 1/2 c frozen corn
-1 can white northern beans
-1 or 2 chopped zucchini
-1 1/2 c frozen peas
-1 1/2 c. chopped carrots, fresh or frozen
-1 or 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
-1 TB (more or less if you like) Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment